Monday, February 1, 2010

The eBook Wars, Part 2 - Amazon to Macmillan: You Win (for Now)

Note Amazon's language here: "Macmillan has a monopoly over their own titles..."

A "monopoly" isn't the correct term. Macmillan simply has exclusive rights to the titles. But Amazon chose to use a word that has extremely negative connotations for consumers, in an attempt to paint Macmillan in the most negative light possible.

Now, I'm not siding with Macmillan here, and I'm certainly no lawyer, but I have to wonder if Macmillan's legal types might toy with the idea of a business libel suit. Maybe that one word's not enough, and maybe Macmillan is happy enough that they won the round... But to me, that's a little more than plain-vanilla spin.

I'm just sayin'.

Posted via web from Yes, That Bob West

No comments: